BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank you for keeping the streets safe

Last night I was riding my bike to work like any other night that I work. I was just pedaling away, doing the usual dodging of broken glass bottles that seem to be all over Las Vegas streets. I was just about to turn into the neighborhood that I cut through on the final stretches of my journey to work, when a cop passes me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but the thought of him pulling me over for some dumb reason was lingering in the back of my mind. Sure enough, right after I turn into the neighborhood and I go over the first speed bump, I notice bright car lights at my back. Next came the spot light, followed by the cop car lights flashing away. I pull over to the side and the cop hops out of his car, informing me that I dont have a light on my bike. I told him I was aware of this and asked him what he wanted me to do. He asked what I was doing, I told him I was simply on my way to work. He thought I was lieing because I was going through this neighborhood. He asks "You think you're smart or something? You sure you aren't just trying to duck me?" So i unzip my hoodie so I could show him my uniform, and I told him he was going to make me late. After thinking for a moment, he decided to release me.

I wish this cop would have been around on saturday when I was riding to work and some idiot decided it would be hilarious to through a glass beer bottle at me while driving by. I'm just glad the cops can find time with all the actual crime going on in the world to make sure I'm being a good boy.

4 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

That is rediculious! I am so sorry that happened to you. I am so glad you guys are blogging!!!love you.

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

No joke, you should have told him that...maybe in a nicer way. You need to get a light for the bike though, it probably isn't very safe, does it have reflectors?

Love you XO

Betty Brackett said...

Good grief....what next. It always irks me when there's not a cop in sight when something really bad is going on, but they seem to materialize out of the ethers to pursue law-abiding citizens. Anyway, get a light.

Devyn said...

I agree, and although it is not the point of your post at all, you need to get a light.